cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

SMART HUB2 Unusable Wifi speed less than 1MB

2.4G Wifi is poor in my house because so many of my neighbours have devices and they interfere with my signal. With Smart Hub1 I set all the devices with 5G Wifi to 5G using the separate SSID. With the Smart Hub 2 this is not possible and even though I have set 5G to my preferred band on devices with this option everything gradually auto negotiates to 2.4G and starts to slow down. Once you begin to notice buffering you can connect and reconnect but this is a workaround which my family cannot master.

BT what is the fix, please PM because if this is the best SMART hub2 can do I want my money back.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: SMART HUB2 Unusable Wifi speed less than 1MB

there is no fix    the inability to split the 2.4/5ghz networks using the SH2 has been known since it was first issued.  either revert back to the SH1/HH6 or purchase a 3rd party router/modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Can you recommend an alternative router?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

you need a modem router not just a router

there are many posts about 3rd part router and what people have found works for them  I think a lot comes down to cost and tplink modem routers seem to be cheapest and work ok  if you have BTTV then not all will work so need to make sure

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@andybathome wrote:
Can you recommend an alternative router?

This one is very popular, and works with all BT services including BT TV, provided you do not have an ultrafast (G.fast) connection.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/archer-vr400/v2/

If you only want 2.4GHz then there is a cheaper option.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/td-w9970/

You can select any wireless channel with both these devices.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Is the TP Link Mesh system worthwhile?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@andybathome wrote:
Is the TP Link Mesh system worthwhile?

No idea, you would have to read some reviews.

I use the Tenda Nova MW3, and that is fine, and much cheaper than others.

0 Ratings