cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

STILL NO WIFI

First ordered fibre optic to my new build property in November. Was cancelled by Open Reach with no communication and reasons why. BT employee told me that the order hadn’t been processed correctly and this would make be rectified on 17th December.

17th December, cancelled again with no communication. Rang BT- operator advised this could be that the cabinet is ‘full’ and that we’d need to order regular broadband first.

The site manager for our new build close advised that there was definitely enough ports for all new builds (who builds a new site of houses but doesn’t provide enough ports for Wi-fi?). the house has dsl connection ports installed by Open Reach...

we arrange regular broadband on the 17th December - booked in for installation on Dec 24th, promising me that internet would be available from the 24th.

24th December, engineer does not turn up, no phone call, email, text, any form of communication to explain why. Ring BT after Christmas, they say they will contact open reach and find out why. No phone call just a text saying :Hello, BT here.
, I have contacted our engineers regarding your order ********** and I am very sorry for the delay you are experiencing. The order is currently with the Openreach contractor waiting on an update around the network to site, which is required before service can be provided for this order. Our next update on this will be available 26/01/2021 . I will update you further then. In the meantime you have free access to our BT Wi-Fi network, more info about this can be found online at http://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/login-with-bt/index.jsp If you have any urgent questions in the meantime, please check out BT.com/help. Thank you for choosing BT Please don't reply to this text - we won't see it. Thanks.

this is two months after I originally ordered BT and not even the internet speed I want. I need this to be able to continue working from home as hotspotting from my phone is costing me a fortune. I’m pulling my hair out and can’t understand why I’m being messed about so much. If BT cannot fulfil my order tell me.

im considering asking other suppliers but as they all use Open Reach I feel I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place.

ran out of ideas- especially as Open Reach engineers have been visiting the site in their droves to install our neighbours Wi-fi. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: STILL NO WIFI

do you have something like this in your home

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

No all I have is a BT hub for fibre that I need to send back and a BT hub for regular broadband that flashes orange.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

which master socket do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Number 2 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

please can you enter your address (as no working phone) and post results  please delete address before posting

this will show what is actually available to you   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

as you can see from the checker your expected speed rang is 78/56mb and the cab is available - no waiting list so don't know why you are having so much trouble getting connected

0 Ratings