cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Samsung Smart TV

Hi 

New on here thought I would turn here for some support, to give you a bit of information about the situation and myself I install TVS and work in the telecoms sector.

My parents bought a new Samsung Smart TV last year, I set it up like I have my own TVS which are also Samsung Smart TVs and also uses BT Broadband with no issues. However my parents have had nothing but issues with the apps on the TV they buffer while streaming quite badly. This has become more of an issue when they stopped their Sky subscription, they used a Sky Q box for everything. Now they have a freesat box connected and use the apps more on the Sansung TV. 

I have read a few bits and pieces on here and other websites that it could be a setting on the BT Hub. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks 

Andrew 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Samsung Smart TV

Hi, I have a Samsung QE 49Q70RAT connected to a smart hub 2 with no problems. How is the TV connected to the home hub?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi 

Right now it is connected over WiFi. BT router is a smart hub 2

Andrew 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Do they have any other problem with other devices using the internet? Can you connect TV by cable?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

No issues that I know of on phones and iPads. Smart devices such as firestick seems ok too. 

Think my plan is to run cat 6 to TV . Will need to get under the floor as TV and router are at opposite corners. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Andrew_Masson_25wrote:

No issues that I know of on phones and iPads. Smart devices such as firestick seems ok too. 

Think my plan is to run cat 6 to TV . Will need to get under the floor as TV and router are at opposite corners. 

We live in a large flat with concrete floors! That said, we have 2 TVs (a 2019 Samsung and a 2018 Sony), 2 phones, 2 tablets, 3 computers, a laptop and a printer, all connected to a BT Smart Hub 2 by WiFi without any problem. All Apps, including the BT Sports, work perfectly.

There must be some factor affecting your parents' set-up as the SH2 WiFi signal strength is excellent. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

If running  a cable is impossible, then powerline adaptors are good, I use the fastest speed one without wifi on it.

0 Ratings