cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Samsung tab A - slower connection

We have a BT home hub 3. If I check the wireless speed on my desktop I get c. 9Mb connection but my Samsung tablet only shows 3.5Mb. There don't appear to be any changes I can make to my tablet settings. 

The hub has been reset to factory settings but this disparity remains.

Any suggestions as to how I can speed up my tablet connection?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Samsung tab A - slower connection

If you are getting faster speeds on your desktop there is obviously nothing wrong with your connection and it will be down to the wireless network card on the tablet and how it works.

Have a check to see how many apps on the tablet are using the connection. There will no doubt be some that you can turn off or uninstall which might help.

You could also try another browser. Some are better than others. I use the Dolphin browser and it seems to work OK.

Other than that there is nothing that I am aware of that you will be able to do to speed up the tablet.

0 Ratings
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply.

All of the apps are off and I use the speedtest.net app to check the speed. 

I can't use this app via a web browser as my device doesn't support flash player.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I meant, use another browser to see if that improves your Internet experience, not to run the speed test.

0 Ratings
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Sorry, I didn't respond to that part of your reply.

The experience is similar with Chrome or the standard installed browser.

Speed is only a problem occasionally but I was/am curious as to why I can't achieve the same speed on my tablet as my PC.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

It will probably be down to the tablets wireless network card as well as it having smaller a wireless aerial than larger devices like your PC computer. This will affect their receiving of the wireless signal and could make them more prone to any wireless interference.

0 Ratings
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

0 Ratings