I've just gone into my Smart Hub 2 for the first time in a few months, logged in with my administrator password, and tried to change a device name and icon. After making a change I get the usual 'Changes need to be saved!' alert, but then clicking the 'Save' button does nothing.
I've tried various browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) as well as restarting the router. I've also noticed in the Chrome console complaining of an 'Uncaught TypeError' when pressing the Save button, so I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the device software and not a browser-specific issue.
I'm running a Smart Hub 2 with firmware updated in early June (v0.13.04.03282).
Anyone else having this issue? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for posting. I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply. Did you manage to get this resolved?
If you're still having problem updating the device setting, I'd like to get this investigated.
I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages
I have exactly the same issue saving device names and icons, in some cases it worked but not in the majority.
I'm afraid the only solution in the end was to do a full factory reset and set up the router from scratch. The Smart Hub team are looking into why this may have happened, so I'll let you know when I hear back.
@VeteranISPUser spaces are allowed in this case. Essentially the save button was totally broken regardless of the changes you try to make (throwing JS errors on click).
It works in some cases, I can't see a pattern, for example I was able to change one device to Camera 2 but not another to Camera 1.
I have the same problem, but when trying to alter the wireless password, or the router password, it simply won't save the changes.
This problem though goes back to the early firmware versions of the SH2, and with each firmware update I've been hoping it will be solved, but isn't.
Hi @crashcourse the Hub team wanted to check what/if any non-alphanumeric characters you may have used? Do you remember and if so would you mind letting us know?
@ZooBurner Are you still experiencing this problem and if so are you using any non-alphanumeric characters?
Post back and let me know.
As I said in a previous post, an example would be trying to change a name from an unintelligible s/n to Camera 1 having already successfully done the same thing for Camera 2. No special characters used.
Hi there John. @JohnC2
I've tried every imaginable way, non alphanumeric characters 4 different browsers*, with/without AV software in all combinations.
*Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera
I have managed to do it via the BT app on a smartphone though, just never through a PC (Both ethernet & wireless)
In a way I have solved the problem via the Android BT app but that's less than ideal of course, I would be willing to try different things though out of curiosity as to what the cause is I simply can't think of anything else to try.