Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris0917
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Seagate Central NAS and Seagate Media App

Hello there,

I recently shifted from Virgin to BT. The network works fine, though I'm having some trouble to access my Seagate NAS by the Seagate Media App from my phone or tablet. The app keeps saying that it can't find compatible device in the network. From my computer the NAS is visible and accessible. 

I also tried to set up the NAS with fixed IP (<64), but it didn't help. Any idea I might solve this problem? Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
RichyD
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Seagate Central NAS and Seagate Media App

Hi Chris

Just wondered if you had found a solution to this problem, I have the same issue after upgrading from HH3 to HH5.

I can see the central in the network on the laptop and can accesss the files although the seagate dashboard software doesnt pick it up and the seagate media app (android) just gives me the same message you are receiving although I can see the drive if I use ES file explorer.

HH3 worked fine.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Damo86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

This sounds like an issue with the app itself. I have a nas as well and seen this problem many times on the app my nas uses(although mine works fine) If your nas is on and your mobile is on the same network as the nas then it should appear but again this sounds like the app is not seeing it.

However if you are trying to access the nas from an external network, then make sure you have the necessary ports opened on your hub or if you have ddns enabled and setup properly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chris0917
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi Richy,

No solution yet. I contacted Seagate as well though they couldn't offer much help. My guess is that the app only scans a certain IP range. But as you mentioned, ES works quite well. 

Cheers!

0 Ratings