cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Seagate personal cloud NAS date incorrect

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a Seagate personal cloud box for NAS. Every time I save a file to it, it allocates a seemingly random date to it - possibly around the time I first used it.  I've searched high and low and cannot find any reference to instructions on correcting the date (and time) on the box. I've been through the manual and the settings menu and can't find anything there either. I'd appreciate some advice! Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Seagate personal cloud NAS date incorrect

Go to solution

@Pedr057 

I don't have a Seagate NAS but typically there'd be a setting for Language & Time Zone where you can set it to use an NTP service to get the current time - a common one would be "pool.ntp.org"

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

On my Seagate NAS the time settings are in Control Panel/Regional Options. There are options to set the time manually or to synchronise with an NTP server. Mine syncs with time.google.com which I think must be the default as I've never changed it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks, PinkSquirrel. I presume you don't mean in the PC's Control Panel/Regional options as those are correct. I can't see a Control Panel etc for the NAS - where are they?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

No I don't mean on the PC.

What do you see when you log into your NAS with an admin account?

I have several icons on the left showing Package Centre, Control Panel, File Station etc.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

This is what I see (but with my name redacted):Seagate cloud.jpg

No one else logs on so I'd assumed my account was the admin account. Now I'm beginning to think I might not have admin rights. If this is the case, how do I find "admin"?!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Why are you asking on a BT forum rather than a Seagate forum where there is likely to be more expertise?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Update: I found another log ID - one I share with my spouse but rarely use. Anyway, when I logged on with that I did find some settings including time and date so it looks like I've solved my problem - thanks to your help.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Because I was unable to register on the Seagate forum and have found their suppoer poor to non-existent.

0 Ratings