Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dadofjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Second line new ( ish ) build

Hi , 

I have just recently found out bt openreach installed my line a few years ago as an exchange only line , this means no fibre at all but my neighbour who lives next door gets his line via bt pole then FTTC , I know for a fact that my line is cored into a bt box in the ground which is only five metres away from a bt pole across the road .  

if i wanted a new line to acess fibre can i just ask bt to start a new order , get the engineer to visit and get a cost to get my line across the road as there is already ducting serving my house .\

I still remember the bt engineer wondering why it wasn't taken across the road in the first place !

Best regards,

dadofjack 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Second line new ( ish ) build

Your existing cable probably has two pairs of wires so will support an additional phone line so I doubt ordering an extra line will result in a new cable being connected to your house.  I have a flat that was an exchange only line and the service was terminated by the previous tenant last month and when I placed a new connection order the line was actually moved to a nearby cabinet (not that this is FTTC enabled yet).

0 Ratings
Dadofjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi , 

So would my best bet be to terminate the line and then start a completely new build order perhaps?

thx

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Any new service will be provided by existing wires to your house.

0 Ratings
Dadofjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the help all .  

Rather annoying really as i would have been prepared to pay for a brand new installation. 

😕

0 Ratings