cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeni393
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Second router

I have an Archer D2 connected to my home hub but my desktop PC can't see it. My desktop PC is wired to the BT hub, but I have a printer connected through a print server to the Archer that I want to be able to use, but I can't find a way for the dekstop to see the Archer. The desktop doesn't have wireless capability. Can anyone help please? It wasn't a problem when I was on Sky with the Sky hub, and it was set up the exact same way with the same settings on the Archer and PC. All the wireless devices can see the Archer.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Second router

You will need to change the settings on the Archer, the Sky hub is probably a different IP address and possibly different subnet to the hub. It depends on how you have the Archer set up what is required. If it is connected to the BT hub LAN port to LAN port, you need to give the Archer an IP address outside of the DHCP range of the hub, i.e  between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.62 and a gateway address of 192.168.1.254

Jeni393
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Changed the Archer settings to 192.168.0.2 - 62, and altered the gateway address, but I still can't see it from the desktop. I've got a laptop wired to it atm!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

It needs to be 192.168.1.2

0 Ratings
Jeni393
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Still can't access it
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

How are the 2 devices connected together, LAN - LAN or LAN -WAN ?

0 Ratings
Jeni393
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

The routers are connected LAN to LAN. The PC is wired to the BT hub and the printer needs to be wired to the Archer because it's on the other side of the room.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Have you turned off the DHCP server on the Archer?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Did you give the printer a static IP address and gateway? If so you also need to change those to 192.168.1.XX and 192.168.1.254

0 Ratings
Jeni393
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

DHCP - I didn't know I needed to. I will do that now. Everything I had read spoke about turning it off on the BT Hub.

The printer isnt connected to the router yet, I want to be make sure the computer can see the router before I set it up.

0 Ratings