Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billybobin
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Secure website being blocked

Hello

friend of mine has started a new business and his website seems to be blocked by BT 

https://www.appleblossomcattery.com

the site is hosted and managed by wix. I also have a site hosted in wix which is not blocked that seems strange 

I either get a BT web protect error that the site is not secure or this message through edge:

Cannot securely connect to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

But if I connect via 4G or from another computer not using BT it works fine.

Wix are saying the site is setup correctly and are saying its a BT issue, I was trying to locate somewhere that BT can be contacted so they can advise why the website is being flagged as unsecure.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Secure website being blocked

Works fine for me on the latest Firefox and Internet Explorer browser, no errors, no warnings, just cats everywhere, lots of cats.

0 Ratings
Billybobin
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Richie, 

That's good news, very bizzare then I'm also getting it blocked through a corporate firewall, as it thinks it's unsafe

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Maybe it's the firewall blocking it, I don't have a firewall, I don't have any parental filters etc
The website does load for me, so it's not blocked by BT, as BT are my service provider.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Works fine here too.

0 Ratings
Billybobin
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thanks, I have a theory that the **bleep** filter might be kicking in because of the tag line

"What's new for **bleep** cats...."

Is it that sophisticated that it blocks on words. I do have parental controls on and it works without. 

I've told the owner to remove it and see if it helps. 

0 Ratings
Billybobin
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Point proved perhaps as the word pu55y was bleeped out 🙂

0 Ratings