cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Separate wires for broadband and telephone

With the 2 wires attached to A and B, is it possible to have broadband run on one wire (blue cable) and telephone on the other wire (white cable)?

Previously I only had BT telephone, however I added BT infinity and I was only getting 45mb despite being on the BT infinity 2. A few years later an engineer had done something to the wiring and I was getting the full 80mb download but my connection felt laggier.

Im wondering if when the engineer first installed BT, I had broadband running down 1 cable and telephone separately on another hence the slower speed but better connection in my opinion. And ever since an engineer did something with the wiring to increase speeds, he may have set it up so brod and and telephone runs down both wires (blue and white) which might cause interference and lag issues?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Separate wires for broadband and telephone

Telephony and broadband run together on both wires.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

the 2 wires need to be connected for the phone service but broadband may work with only 1 wire connected but will be slow  so if phone worked both wires were connected to A&B

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Do you have a dialling tone on your line if you plug a phone in? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings