cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Setting a static I.P on the BT home hub 6?

Go to solution

I Run a minecraft server, whenever people try to connect sometimes after a while, the ip will have changed and i need to google my ip again and again to tell them what to connect to. Where can i find the option to change the IP to never swap/make a static IP?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Setting a static I.P on the BT home hub 6?

Go to solution

You can't, static IP addresses are only available to business customers. Look into using a dynamic DNS service such as NoIP to track your address

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

really? can i seriously not make a static IP. Because i dont wanna change hostname that'd be too much to do as people dont want to change the IP address they have to put in again and again. Is there no way to assign a static one to a specific device?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

No, static IP addresses are not available to residential customers.

The whole point of a dynamic DNS service is to obviate the need for a static address, you connect to an unchanging host name without needing to know the IP address exactly the same as you do with a website. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I would suggest the answer you are looking for is to move to Plusnet. Same network so your line speed will stay the same but they will allow you to have a static IP for a one off cost (I think it was £5 last time I checked)

0 Ratings