cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Setting up Hub 5 as a wifi repeater

I've had a read of other posts and have disabled DHCP and given the Hub 5 a new IP address, yet i still have instability and a red flashing 'b'.

It does appear to work and no obvious conflictcs yet, but would like it to be a nice static blue light and no flashing 'b'.

Years ago I had a local IT company come set up a hub 3 just like this, as I have a Hub 6 in the house doing the master control, and the hub 3 and hub5 are daisy chained on the cat5 and are located in separate out buildings (so it helps understanding).

The hub 3 is in one outbuilding approx 5m from the house (where its connected via a cable). The hub 5 is on a 50m long cable to another outbuilding, and connected to the hub 3.

Am I missing something to have the Hub 5 set up the same as the hub 3?

Any help much appreciated, as I'm not overly good at this sort of thing but cant get anyone to come help due to covid unfortunately.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Setting up Hub 5 as a wifi repeater

The hub doesn't have DSL input, so you will always have the flashing red b. Black gaffer tape will hide it. You will not get a blue light.

Message 3 of 4

You can't stop the flashing b, it's an alarm signal to  report that it has no WAN connection to the network. You may be able to remove the relay if you can locate it and have the skills but the easiest way around it is to stick a bit of insulation tape over it

Message 4 of 4

Just wondering how the engineer managed to achieve this on the hub 3.
0 Ratings