cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerrw
Message 1 of 9

Setting up TP-LINK Archer VR400 to replace BT SmartHub2

I'm trying to replace my SmartHub2 with a TP-Link Archer VR400, but cannot seem to get it to even connect to the internet. Is anyone able to help me with how to set it up for BT?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Setting up TP-LINK Archer VR400 to replace BT SmartHub2

try resetting the tplink then follow smart set up  enter user name bthomehub@btbroadband.com with password BT and select BT as setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Gerrw
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your response, unfortunately that hasn't worked. There is still no internet connection.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

They are really simple to setup. I assume you are on Superfast Broadband, so all you need to do is to use the quick setup, and use these settings. Make sure the DSL lead is plugged into your phone socket, in the same place that you plugged the home hub.

It will not work if you have ultrafast.

This picture is taken from the emulator.

https://emulator.tp-link.com/VR400V1_Emulator/index.htm

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 5 of 9

I use the VR400 and had no trouble at all setting it up. I followed the Quick Setup and it worked first time. Just make sure you select BT_VDSL. I don't even remember having to fill in the password etc.

0 Ratings
Gerrw
Message 6 of 9

Ah... That may be a problem. I think I do have ultrafast. Can you use a third party for ultrafast? I'm fed up with BT routers.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

@Dode May I ask if you have or ever had any issue with the 5Ghz band on the vr400? I have a VR600 and after a few days it started dropping all devices off the 5Ghz band. I could see the network, but couldn't reconnect any of the devices to the 5Ghz until I rebooted the router. Everything works fine on the 2.4Ghz band. I checked couple of forums and many people are affected by this issue. I just wonder if the vr400 is the same?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Third party G.fast modem/routers are few and far between. You could have a look at the Asus DSL AC88U device. If you do buy, make sure you get the DSL version not the RT version which is only a router

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dode
Expert
Message 9 of 9

I've had no issues like that with the 400 @matekaneve . In fact the Mac upstairs seems to prefer the 5Ghz band.