cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Setting up TP Link VR600 router in garden room

Hi, I have a bit smart hub 2 in the house and have had an Ethernet cable installed to a cabin in the garden. I was told I just needed to connect a router for internet  connection but so far it hasn’t worked. The router is a TP link Archer VR600. The instructions say if you already have a modem to then select Wireless Router Mode. It asks for connection type, internet service username and password (any ideas?). I switched off DHCP as I read you need to do that on a second router. Does anyone have any advice/experience of this? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Setting up TP Link VR600 router in garden room

@Kazbaz 

You do not need a router, just a wireless access point.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/access-point/tl-wa901n/

About £26

It simply plugs into the end of the cable.

Who told you that you needed a router?

Message 3 of 4

The company who installed the cabin and Ethernet cable. I will have to tell them to update their info! 
Thank you . 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Kazbaz wrote:

The company who installed the cabin and Ethernet cable. I will have to tell them to update their info! 
Thank you . 

If you need extra Ethernet ports in the cabin, then simply insert an Ethernet switch, and connect it to the end of the cable. Then plug in the wireless access point into on of the ports.

Its really simple, and that wireless access point is plug and play. There is a video on the TP link site, if you get stuck.

0 Ratings