Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
midlife
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Setting up a smart hub 2 from smart hub 1 think nit is called hub 6

Go to solution

hi, I have had a smart hub 1 for some time and very happy with it. Linked to a number of wholehome hubs so I can get wifi around the house. I have the wifi turned off on the smart hub and I have split the channels (I think). In a moment of wild desire to have 150mb download speed (I know why!!!) I upgraded to ultra fast which should come on line tomorrow. 

What I would like to know is it just a case off swapping the two hubs smart 1 goodbye smart 2 in place or will I have to "reconnect" the wholehome hub that is wired to the smart hub and redo all the turning off the smart hub 2 wifi and splitting the channels?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer

Graham

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Setting up a smart hub 2 from smart hub 1 think nit is called hub 6

Go to solution

you cannot split the channels on sh2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
midlife
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

thanks for your help, do you think I will need to reconnect the whole hub or will it pick it up automatically when I wire the whole hub to the smart hub 2?

Graham

0 Ratings
midlife
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

just an update which might help others, I decided last minute to phone BT for advice before changing my hub6 with the new smart hub 2 and got through to a really helpful guy called Ben, when I explained my system and that I had the white whole home hubs he advised me that the smart hub 2 would not work with this whole hubs and I didn't need it as my hub 6 was fine. He then agreed to refund the 9.99 for delivery charge and get a return slip out to me. He advised me that by the time I phoned I was on ultra fast. I checked it on the BT wholesale speed test and got 338 and 974 for download speed so no idea why they were showing, checked it on speedtest and it showed 130 download and 30 upload. Happy with that. 

thank you imjolly for your help

Graham

0 Ratings