Highlighted
Message 1 of 15

Setup Flashing Purple

Ok so asking the community out of desperation. I’ve setup the Smart Hub 2:

- plugged the grey cable into filter/adapter into the modem socket

- plugged other end into the hub

- plugged in power

- received text to say service is ready

now all I get is the flashing purple light to say a cable isn’t connected even though it is?! 
what do I do?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Setup Flashing Purple

I am pretty sure BT's Smart Hub2 has a built-in modem. Connect the SH2 directly to the socket!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

You have not said if you have FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) or FTTP (Fibre to the Premises).

See link about connecting the Smarthub 2 for both types of Fibre. Make sure you follow the correct one.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/installation/i-m-installing-my-broadband-myself/con...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 15

See the video at https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/installation/i-m-installing-my-broadband-myself/con...

If it still flashes purple then try a new filter, if it still flashes purple after that then you may need to report it as a fault

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 15

I connected the filter and power as demonstrated in the setup. I don’t understand why I keep getting the flashing purple.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 15

How would I know which one it is? To the cabinet or to the premises. When I arrived in the apartment BT had sent the Smart Hub 2

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 15

You mentioned a filter in your first post so I'm assumung you're not on fibre?

Have you tried a new filter?

what type of master socket do you have?

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/home-networks/a-wired-home-network/what-type-of-mas...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 15

I selected a fibre package from BT after being told It was available. Received a Smart Hub 2 in the mail. I have a master socket with a micro filter connected to it as the guide shows and I all get is the purple light.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 15

If you have one of these then you have FTTP and your connection is not through the telephone socket

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 15

@V_Meldrewwrote:

If you have one of these then you have FTTP and your connection is not through the telephone socket

If you don't have one of those, then you are on FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet). In that case, you connect your SH2 directly to the BT socket, ditching the old modem (as I said in post 2).