cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matrixiux
Message 1 of 9

Share PC's Internet through BTHH5

Evening.

Im looking for a tutorial, as most old tutorials that i've encountered are dead links.

I want to use my Windows 7 PC's Internet connection and pass it to BTHH5, so that other devices could get my PC's internet connection through BTHH5 Wifi.

Help!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Share PC's Internet through BTHH5

Not sure what you mean.

Do you mean you want to connect to BTWifi or your own home network via wireless.

If you want to connect to your own wireless network you need to set your devices to scan for wireless networks and look for your own BT Homehub's SSid (name) . It will look something like BTHomehub5-xxxx.and can be found on the label on the Homehub. Once you have found that you click on it and enter the wireless passkey that you will find on the Homehub label. 

If it is the BTWifi network that you want to connect to you need to scan until you find the BTWifi with Fon network. You then click on it and connect. Once connected you need to open a web browser and that should then open the BTWifi-Fon "landing page". You then enter your BTID and Password and this will then log you in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Matrixiux
Message 3 of 9

No. I meant the most complicated option you can imagine.
I have Internet on PC from "usb tethering" Its a normal network adapter.

I want to share my PC's internet connection TO BTHH5 i.e. from PC's LAN card, to WAN connection at BTHH5.

How would I configure that?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Sorry but you have lost me.

What are you tethering from?

Do you have BT Broadband?

Do you have a Homehub 5?

Does your PC have a network card, either wireless or Ethernet?

If the answer to the above is yes,you just need to plug an Ethernet cable into the Homehub and then into the Ethernet port on your PC.

If it is wireless you do as I explained in previous post.

If you mean you want to share a Windows 7 wireless connection you can download a program called Virtual Router which will turn your Windows 7 into a hot spot.

0 Ratings
Matrixiux
Message 5 of 9

Sorry for being confusing. I will answer your questions:

PC is tethering from my Phone, via USB.

No, I do NOT have a BT Broadband

Yes, I DO have Homehub 5

Yes, PC have network card, Ethernet connection only.

Again, I'm trying to share that phones tethering through PC network card, Ethernet connection, and pass that "Internet" to feed the Homehub 5, so it can be access point to other devices.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Sorry I have no idea if that will work or is even possible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

I cannot see that can be done, as the WAN input to the HH5 needs an Internet routable address, not a private address range. You may be able to use some form of Internet sharing on the PC, then connecting that to a wireless access point. I think some OS have this facility built in. As this forum is for customers of BT phone and broadband, you may be better posting on a public networking forum.
0 Ratings
Matrixiux
Message 8 of 9

You got my idea right, that is what I was trying to do. I saw some outdated tutorials on old bt home hubs. Others are dead links

So I came here to ask if someone could point me to a tutorial for this "project"
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

0 Ratings