cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
turnerkid
Message 1 of 7

Shocking Customer Service! Low of Lows....

I struggled to find a place to enter this on the "Contact Us" website - nothing specifically in there about complaints about individuals....

So I used a chat session on Monday and talked to a guy (name withheld - but I have it) who went through the normal troubleshooting Wi-Fi Interference issues causing the whole WiFi (for all devices) to die. My issue is that 1-2 times a day for the last few weeks I am having to restart the router due to WiFi dieing. He then said can I call you to discuss better over the phone? I said sure.

He then said on the call that he had run diagnositic tests and said you need a new Home Hub. I said great. I then asked what version the new one would be and he said HomeHub 4 (which I thought was strange since I know 5 is out for Infinity 2 users).

By Friday I hadn't received anything and going on to MyBT - no sign of any order attached to my name.

I phoned BT up and it turns out the guy from Monday put down on the Case Notes that he changed the WiFi channel and everything was then working! No sign of the new Router request order or anything. Blatently lied in the case notes and fobbed me off. Shocking, absolutely shocking. Wasted 30 minutes on Monday, then another 60 today repeating the exercise - only to be put through to an English guy called Ryan from Customer Consumer Options Department who arranged a new HomeHub for me.

Can someone please contact me to get this guys name and then to internally investigate why he blatently lied and caused me to waste even more time? Hopefully there is a recording of what he said....

Shocking.....

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Shocking Customer Service! Low of Lows....

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

0 Ratings
turnerkid
Message 3 of 7

So the point is how do I get someone in BT to read this and take this seriously?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If its wireless interference, then changing the home hub would not help.

If changing the channel has fixed the issue, then that is something you can easily do yourself. There is a choice of 13 channels.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wireless-channel-on-my-bt...

0 Ratings
turnerkid
Message 5 of 7

I have been consitently changing channels over the last few weeks to try and avoid frequency interference but still the problem resides - the UK guy has at least helped me to see if the new WiFi technology in HomeHub 5 may shield whatever the problem is (or if it was a faulty HomeHub3). I have a degree in Computer Science so I have been very patient with standard decision trees Technical Support folks have to step through as part of the process.

The point of this rant is that it's seemingly impossible to raise a case about poor customer service directly with BT without writing a snail-mail letter.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi Turnerkid

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I can have this raised for you.

Please send us an email by filling out the Contact the Mods form in my profile. You will find a link to it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings