Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hugo_zair
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Should I be able to login to FON on my own router

Go to solution

Should I be able to login to bt FON signal from my own home router ?
I certainly used to be able to do so...But recently I've not been able to connect while out an about so have been checking my username and password details and am now sure I know them. But without driving somewhere, I can't test anywhere other than at home.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Should I be able to login to FON on my own router

Go to solution
Any reason why you'd want to do this?
0 Ratings
hugo_zair
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

As I said in my question...I can no longer login to FON hotspots. Today I am trying to sort it out and am testing at my home location...to my own FON signal...There are no other hotspots within range of my faurly isolate home to test with.

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
Sorry, your post is a little confusing. There's no need to connect to the FON at home, only when you're out and about. But, yes you should be able to. Have you tried with another device?
0 Ratings
hugo_zair
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
I've been trying with three different devices.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Should be able to login to FON on hub using your BTID and password
Are you using app on phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hugo_zair
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
I see the ambiguity..:-) I am trying to log into my own FON signal WITH mobile devices...I am continually being told my username/password details are not correct in spite of phoning bt to double check my username and succesfully changing the password to one I now know to be correct.
0 Ratings
hugo_zair
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
I have the bt app on two mobile phones and have "updated login details" on them. I don't have the app on a samsung tablet so I enter the login details manually..I'm sure this used to work.
0 Ratings
hugo_zair
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hmmm. made a mistake..The Tablet DID have the bt app...so I've uninstalled it and entered the login details manually. It connect ok...at Last ! I'm going to unistall the bt app on my main phone and try again.

0 Ratings
hugo_zair
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Well it turns out it didn't actually connect 😞  The tablet tries..connect for a few seconds and then connects to the house wifi..It's time to contact bt and double check the recorded login details..Closed query.

0 Ratings