cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulm1985
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Signal Issues

I recently got broadband installed and in every part of the house the connection is very good. However in a room about less than 10 metres from the hub i am having severe issues in getting a good wifi connection. There are brick walls in the way could this be an issue? Any other hints or suggestions? Would a booster do the job? Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Signal Issues

@paulm1985 

Which BT Home Hub are you using?

0 Ratings
paulm1985
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Im not sure. I only got connected on 02/07/20 so whatever standard router that is issued at that time.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@paulm1985 wrote:

Im not sure. I only got connected on 02/07/20 so whatever standard router that is issued at that time.

It should say on the back, which version it is, as there are a number of different ones.

0 Ratings
paulm1985
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I'm not at home at the minute but from emails I can see its Smart Hub 2 - not sure if that is what you were after? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@paulm1985 wrote:

I'm not at home at the minute but from emails I can see its Smart Hub 2 - not sure if that is what you were after? Thanks.

That would make sense. Were you also sent a black disc which links to the smart hub 2, or was that not an option  you selected when you placed your order?

0 Ratings
paulm1985
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

No there was no black disc. I dont remember it being an option or else I probably skipped on through that option.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@paulm1985 wrote:

No there was no black disc. I dont remember it being an option or else I probably skipped on through that option.

That would have cost more, as its part of the BT Complete Wifi Package.

As its only one area you need to cover, this would be the best option.

https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-mini-wi-fi-home-hotspot-600-kit-084288-BVFF.html

It generates a separate wireless network and has Ethernet ports as well.

0 Ratings
paulm1985
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for your help I will look into that. Thanks.

0 Ratings