cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Since I had FTTP installed I can no longer use Powerline Adapters

Since I had FTTP installed I can no longer use Powerline adapters.

I am using the exact same set up I did with Sky, everything is the same. The only thing that has changed is the FTTP. With Sky I used to get 30mbs with them on my PlayStation, now I get 1mbs. I’m supposed to be getting around 65mbs.

I’m thinking this is something that has been overlooked.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Since I had FTTP installed I can no longer use Powerline Adapters

FTTP will have no impact on Powerline adapters. Presumably you now have a BT Hub and the adapters are connected to it?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 3 of 22

Hi @Cassano11 Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.  I'm sorry to see you're having issues but I can confirm that this hasn't been overlooked as I have FTTP and use powerline adapters without issue.

Did you reset them to factory settings before connecting them to your new Smart Hub from BT?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Thanks for the quick response. That’s right. So I have the smart hub 2, the whole set up is the exact same as I had with Sky the only thing that’s changed is the FTTP so for the life of me as well as the BT operatives I spoke to on the phone we can’t think of what else it could be.

The wifi is absolutely fine throughout the rest of the house it’s only the powerline adapters that are struggling. I’d accept it’s my in house wiring if they didn’t work great when I was with Sky but they worked a treat! Really really frustrating. The ping I’m getting since I joined has completely stopping me being able to play multiplayer games. So although I upgraded with BT I’m actually getting worse service for what I upgraded for 😭
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Thanks for the quick reply. I did, and BT also sent me their own official ones as well so they’re brand new. It’s really really odd and incredible stressful and disheartening. In every other way I did definitely Upgrade from joining BT and getting FTTP, but the 1 main thing I upgraded for - gaming - has now become unusable 😪
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

I assume you are not using the different pairs of power line adapters at the same time?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

@Cassano11 

Make sure you disable Smart Setup on the home hub, as that causes lots of problems.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Are you using the same power socket(s) as before?

Try using (if you are not already) just one pair of PL adaptors and do you another device you can connect to them other than the Playstation to test the connection.

Are you using the same ethernet cables - are they all securely plugged in?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

No no, only the 1 pair
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Is this the same setting where instead of smart set up you can manually select the wireless channels used?
0 Ratings