cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Since I had FTTP installed I can no longer use Powerline Adapters

Yeah exact same set up as before, but just to make sure I even plugged each direct into wall socket rather than extension but made no difference.

And only using the 1 pair and I did try them with the TV directly and still had the same issue 😞
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

@Cassano11 wrote:
Is this the same setting where instead of smart set up you can manually select the wireless channels used?

Smart Setup has nothing to do with wireless. It intercepts every new device connection and prompts to setup things like parental controls. Unfortunately for some devices like powerline adapters, it causes the connection to either slow down or fail, as it cannot identify the device.

You need to turn it off, as described in the link I posted.

• Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. This will open the Hub manager
  • Click Smart Setup
  • Disable it

smart_hub_2_ssetup.png

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Hmm, I don’t actually have that option anywhere.

4F7CAD64-A2AF-49FA-AF4F-3594CD492C33.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Spoiler
2nd picEDA05776-DC94-4973-B181-28118653604E.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

NVM seems you cant do it off phone. ive turned it off now on desktop, will go and test out. thanks
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

nope still failing. if the engineer cant fix it when he comes out im either going to go onto full home wifi and hope wireless wifi provides low enough ping to game, or im honestly going to cancel FTTP and go back to broadband. As ive said thats the only thing thats changed. powerline adapters worked fantastic when i had normal broadband.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Just to prove Poweline adaptors work with FTTP, here's me doing a test by remotely logging into a device I have at my parents that is connected to a TP Link AV2000 powerline adaptor the other-side of the house. If you have TP-link ones there's a desktop app you can use to see the connection bandwidth between the adaptors. How are you testing? Have you also tried via cmd/terminal a ping from that device to the smart hub's IP address? 

PING ms: 16
DOWNLOAD Mbps: 123.30
UPLOAD Mbps: 105.89

https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/d977b0f3-8eef-43cd-8d33-ae78e6eb93c7

Message 18 of 22

On the hub manager, can you see the PL's connected?

Are they flashing their normal operational lights?  Do they a reset/pairing option?

Have you tried rebooting the hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Yes they show as connected, they flash as normal, and have tried rebooting many times. I’ve done everything I can think of it’s a real shame
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

No I appreciate for most it must work, but as I’ve said that’s the only thing that has changed in my set up, hub in same spot, booster in same spot as I had with Sky previously, only thing that changed is I got FTTP and joined BT, if the engineer can’t think of anything as no one else has done thus far, I’m either going to have to go for the complete wifi and connect wirelessly and hope it works ok for online gaming, or I’m going to just text out normal broadband with them.

I do have the TP link ones still as they’re the ones that worked with Sky but barely work with BT, but then I have 2 different pairs of BT ones too, all of which are working terribly,
I’ll see if I can find the link you mentioned.

I’m not too sure what the last bit is to do with to be completely honest.
0 Ratings