cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marklfc770
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Since infinity 2 upgrade poor wifi speeds

Hi since I upgraded to infinity 2. The wifi speeds on my devices has been poor on my Sony z5 compact I'm lucky to get 30mb download upload is great at 18.5. My iPad can be a bit better sometimes it registers at 75mb again no probs with upload. But it is usually around the 30mb download. To be honest my wifi speeds on these devices were a lot better on infinity one usually around the 50mb mark but coul have dropped to as low as 30mb. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Marklfc770
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

worth upgrading hh5 to 6

I have just upgraded from infinity 1 to 2. Is it worth upgrading from HH5 to 6. Since my upgrade my wifi speed performance has not been good. Would upgrading home hub help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: worth upgrading hh5 to 6

No, the HH6 is ridden with bugs and is unfit for purpose. If you intend spending money, buy a decent third party router with external aerials.

0 Ratings
Marklfc770
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Re: Since infinity 2 upgrade poor wifi speeds

When I check line speed using the mybt app on the iPad it says that I am getting 70mb at the home hub. But when use Speedtest.net app it shows I am getting 31mb wifi speed. This is slower that when I was on infinity 1. Any ideas if worth upgrading home hub to 5. I currently have 5

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Re: Since infinity 2 upgrade poor wifi speeds

@Marklfc770 If you are considering a different router with better wireless coverage and speed,

See this post https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Best-router-for-Infinity-2/m-p/1737624#M138926

0 Ratings