Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
abernal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Sky+HD On Demand services not working with Home Hub 5

Hello,

I had problems connecting to the On Demand services via my BT Home Hub 4.

The way I managed to get the Network connection so say OK instead of FAIL was the following:

Step 1. Power on your Sky + HD Box with the ethernet or wireless connected.

Then press Services and type on your remote 0 (zero) 0 (zero) 1 (one) and then press SELECT

You should be in the Engineer mode

Step 2: Then scroll to Sys Rebuild or Rebuild and press SELECT. Go ahead with any messages and await the rebooting of the box.

Step 3: Check the Network connection. This should display as OK as you have refreshed all the box settings.

Note: You won't lose any recordings, but do do this when you're not recording anything at that time.

Hope this helps. This method will help if the box plays up or starts becoming dodgy.

0 Ratings
chezza30
Message 12 of 25

I upgraded from Home Hub 3 to HH5 for the benefit of a single device and better connection.

Subsequently I was having this same issue, tried all the power resets people recommended and even the Sky + HD rebuild...all had no affect. All my laptops, mobile phones, and tablets were all okay. The problem devices seemed to be my wireless printer, Panasonic TV and most crucially, the Sky + HD

To resolve the problem across my system was to change the connection speed of the 2.4GHz wireless link to 802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s) and the 5GHz to 802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s). Resetting the client devices, then all worked okay.

Another factor I also found with the Panasonic TV, was that although the 5GHz network could be seen and recognised, it would not correctly connect to it. When selecting the lower 2.4GHz, all was then okay.

0 Ratings
Idiot
Message 13 of 25

It appears that bthub5 and sky won't automatically talk with one another. Unplug sky on demand box and re plug it in. This will take the TV through start up and will give you the option to set up your bthub5 manually on the screen. Opt for option 2 and select your bthub5 option, move across to the right and click on this. Now enter manually your wireless key using the sky remote. As you press down on each number it gives you the option of captials, small letters and figures. Your wireless key always uses numbers and small letters. then click ok and the system will start looking for your network and will connect with your bthub5 giving you sky on demand once again.

Hope this helps - Idiot.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

1. Find the recessed "Reset" pinhole button on the back of your Hub
  2. Using a paper clip or similar press the button and hold for 20 seconds. Your Hub lights will go out and your Hub will restart
  3. Wait a few minutes for the Hub lights to settle. The central Power light will go blue and the Broadband light will be off ************************
  4. This should fix the issue.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

For the technologically challenged (me), can you tell me how to change the connection speeds of the wireless links please?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

If that is the case, make sure you have turned off "smart set up" on the Homehub

You should also try giving the homehub a fixed channel. The "smart wireless" only uses three of the thirteen channels available so it may be worth trying different channels to see if that helps. Often channel 13 is the least congested channel and is worth trying.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wireless-channel-on-my-bt...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
malmsl
Message 17 of 25

I had the same problem after switching to bt home hub 5 today - thanks very much, this solved the problem.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Many thanks.Tried Sky but no use,tried your method with BT hub 3 and worked 1st time.Result!!

0 Ratings
robfm81
Message 19 of 25

cycling power on the sky box by holding the power button till the standby red light comes on worked for me.

when powered up:

Just push both the WPS button on the hub and the front of the box.... presto!

0 Ratings
copeland65
Message 20 of 25

Hi, not sue if you sorted this but i have.

1, kill power to sky box for 20 secs.

2, whilst power still off, press and hold backup button on sky box. 

3, Whilst continuing to hold backp button, turn power back on. Keep hold of backup button until 4 lights come on front of skybox.

4, A message telling you of software update will come on screen (or will if you turn tv off and on). This will take 10 mins.

5, During this time, restart Hub5 unit unplugging all cables and re-inserting them fully.

6, when all up and running go to ksy menu, settings, network and search for wireless. If doesn't find hit red reset (bottom left and will ask to set by password.

THIS SHOULD NOW FIND YOUR Hub5, simply insert password, and Happy viewing 🙂

Note: on the off chance you still cannot find, your wireless needs a booster which can be purchased from BT of any shop.

This will definately work.  enjoy i know i am....

0 Ratings