cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puma73
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Sky Q and BT Fibre with SmartHub 2

Hi - I have Sky Q and BT Fibre 1 unlimited with a Smart Hub 2 router. I have had this set up for several months and the link between my Sky Q and BT broadband has worked fine for all this time.

However, about 4 weeks ago the catch up services stopped working on my Sky Q boxes and haven’t been working since - Sky error message of “We can’t reach that service now but we will keep trying” .... I’ve had many calls with Sky and BT and done several attempts to fix the issue  - including reboots of the Q system, had a new main Sky Q box installed, connected the Q box via cable instead of WiFi, disable smart set up on my router, applied sustain addresses to Q system, had a BT engineer out to check the line, had my Sky viewing card replaced - basically you name it, I’ve tied it with Sky.

Now, there latest task is that I ask BT to check the packets and quality of broadband being provided - their tech experts are saying it could be that the line has deteriorated and somehow packets are being dropped resulting in the m/s response time expected by Sky for catch up services is not being met - hence the error message ....

Can anyone help me to self check this or send me a private message to then assess my account and review ?!?? I’m really at the end of my tether with all this ... Thanks for any help!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Puma73
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sky Q and BT Fibre with SmartHub 2

Can anyone at all suggest anything to help resolve this?

I spoke with BT last night and they did some line checks and advised everything looked good ... updated this to Sky and they have now ran out of ideas with the update of "nobody else is having any issues - perhaps you could consider switching to Sky Broadband" ... which isn't happening because I've another 12months to run on my BT contract yet !!

Thanks to anyone out there that can help!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sky Q and BT Fibre with SmartHub 2

Hi @Puma73 

If you are connected by Ethernet to your SH2 it really should be a rock solid connection. I have had my Sky Q connected to my SH2 by Ethernet for nearly a year with no hint of a problem. I don’t know if you have tried a factory reset on your SH2 (and Discs), if not I would try that but remember to switch off Smart Setup afterwards. I personally have found it doesn’t make any difference, it works for me off and on. SH2 firmware v0.15.00.06145-BT.

0 Ratings