cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
152bobby
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Sky Q and BT Infinity Router

I have been having issues with my Sky Q and Sky Q mini boxes losing connection to my BT Router (smart set up is off already).  Sky have been in 4 times now and they have changed my main Sky Q 2TB box and all three of my mini boxes and I'm still having the sky equipment losing connection.  Everything else is working fine which is connected to the BT router.  For the first time when I spoke to sky the other day, the advisor said that there is a ongoing issue with Sky Q and BT routers....has anyone else heard of this or have this issue ?  Believe me, I have tried EVERYTHING over the last couple of months.  This issue did not happen when I first got Sky Q.  My last ditch attempt is to run a ethernet cable from the Sky Q main box to the BT router (cable arriving tomorrow because I had to order a 20 foot cable).  If this does not solve it, I will have no alternative but to get Sky to take all their equipment out and I will try some other option, such as BT TV etc etc etc. PS. This all was happening before the current issues which we are all facing, so it has got nothing to do with everyone being at home and hammering the internet.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
152bobby
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sky Q and BT Infinity Router

Yet again, I think I have sorted this issue out myself.  My idea to connect a ethernet cable from the Sky Q main box to the BT Router seems to have sorted out the problem.  Been connected for over 24 hours and nothing has disconnected, long may it last !!!

Totally shocking that these two big companies are not getting this issue fixed.  I think we should stick with the good old fashioned wired method until these companies really provide a fully workable wireless system.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sky Q and BT Infinity Router

I have same setup with 2tb box and 3 minis and initially had problems with keeping connection.  I appear to have solved it by stopping the boxes going to standby and setting as always on.  they now remain connected for weeks and using wifi not ethernet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings