cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Sky Q mini Box loses Wi-fi connection

Go to solution

I have just installed Sky Q all works fine except the mini box in the bedroom which is the furthest point from the router. Box connects but either loses signal completely or freezes and restarts. Tried calling Sky but they won’t do anything until wifi signal is confirmed as being stable how do I do this. Also would the latest hub cure the problem

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Message 1 of 8

Sky Q mini box

Go to solution

I have installed Sky Q all works fine except the mini box in the bedroom which is the furthest point from the router, I have a booster in the hallway but it doesn’t make difference. Would the latest new hub cure the problem?

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Re: Sky Q mini Box loses Wi-fi connection

Go to solution

@Kennyhammerfanwrote:

I have just installed Sky Q all works fine except the mini box in the bedroom which is the furthest point from the router. Box connects but either loses signal completely or freezes and restarts. Tried calling Sky but they won’t do anything until wifi signal is confirmed as being stable how do I do this. Also would the latest hub cure the problem

Hi @Kennyhammerfan. The Sky Q Mini box only connects to the Sky Q Main box and not your BT Router using it’s own WiFi system called the Sky Q Mesh. By default it uses the 5Ghz band on channel 36. It may help if you split the bands and move your BT Router 5Ghz band away from channel 36. If the Sky Q Mini is struggling to connect to the Sky Q Main box then you may need some Sky Q Boosters which will be installed by Sky installers. Try calling Sky again and you may get a customer advisor who knows that your BT Router has nothing to do with your problem. Simply tell them you are having problems with the Mini and nothing else.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wi-fi-channel-on-my-bt-hu...

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Re: Sky Q mini box

Go to solution

unlikely

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Kennyhammerfan Please don't post the same question on multiple boards it just causes total confusion.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Re: Sky Q mini Box loses Wi-fi connection

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Didnt know that I had
0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Have you tried homeplugs ? They use your electric circuit in your house as a phone line

0 Ratings