cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Sky constantly losing link with BT internet

Go to solution

I am constantly having to reset my Sky box and BT  Internet incuding resetting internet password on my Sky.

I have contacted Sky and they say it must be a BT fault but my BT Broadband is fine and I only have issues with it communicating with Sky.

Is it best to ditch Sky and use BT TV services so that any problems I only have one provider to sort it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sky constantly losing link with BT internet

Go to solution

try changing the Hub 5ghz wireless channel to anything other then 36 as that is used by SKY so say 44 or 48 and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks - how do I change the Hub 5ghz wireless channel?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

got to hub manager 192.168.1.254 into address bar then go to advanced setting then wireless and change channel from smart to either 44/48 then save

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Hi
What address bar do I use to locate hub manager 192.168.1.254?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

the address bar at the top of a browser - google/edge/firefox

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you
I have done what you suggested and it is now currently working. Hopefully it might stay connnected - we will see.
Thank you for your kind help
0 Ratings