Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi, I have the bthomebub4, plus some spare sky wireless boosters. I am trying to enable the sky boosters onto the BT broadband at home.
Reason, the BThub seems to have a really poor range in the house and has created a number of black spots (more than the sky hub)
What I have done: connected the sky wireless boosters to BT home hub via Ethernet and attempted a WPS connection. This does not work, wifi light on sky booster does not come on and it will not work wirelessly
Tried to manually set up connection to laptop and does not enable me to connect to skywirelessbosster.local page. It just hangs.
odd results: with sky booster connected to BT hub via Ethernet, I can see it as a wireless connection and able to connect to it. Strange thing, Internet seems faster connected to sky booster than directly to BT Hub.
Hope that is enough information for someone to help, but please fire more questions if needed.
Based on what you have posted it looks as if you are not following the SKY Wireless Booster (SWB) setup manual.
Download this from the Sky website.
You should not be connecting the SWB to the hub via ethernet.
Do not use WPS to setup the SWB.
Reset the SWB first and then setup manually.
To manually setup the SWB you need to connect the SWB to a laptop with an ethernet cable.
You should then be able to connect to the SWB.local page.
Follow the manual for further instructions.
Report progress please.
A pdf manual can be downloaded at: http://storage.sky.com/prod/helpcentre/manuals/skybroadband/SB601_Wireless_Booster_Set-Up_Guide_Upda...
When setting up the SWB using a laptop connected by ethernet, it says (on page 11) to "Ensure that the green and amber lights on the back of your Wireless Booster are on or flashing. If neither green or amber lights are on, please turn off the Wi-Fi on your computer/laptop."
Further update ...
1. Reset wireless booster again
2. Connected to a laptop via Ethernet
3. Tried to load page "skywirelessbooster.local"
4. Now get a logon page asking for a password, I used "sky" as the password
5. Page then hangs and eventually says "page timed out: http://skywirelessbooster.local/main.html"
If you have done things correctly then the "password" is the wireless key of the Home HUb 4.
Did you get a list of Wireless Networks ?
OK, so attempts today, so for clarity this is the logon page i am trying to get past -hope the image below is shown.
the only password that does not generate an "incorrect password" is when I type "sky" as the password. I have tried the BTbtoadhand network and admin password but to no avail.
I am still connecting directly to a laptop via Ethernet, as advised by an earlier post not to use WPS. At the moment i do do get to see a list of networks
this page is displayed after i type "skywirelessbooster.local" in the address bar
This was posted on another web site (by a sky user!) - with some edits by me - you probably need steps 3-5:
1. connect your booster to your lap top or computer then plug in mains
2. type http://skywirelessbooster.local in your browser bar the page should be there
3. if not, on the back of your booster reset with small pin push in and hold untill power and net lights start to flash then stop wait for power button to turn white
4. then type in address again and you will find this will work
5. find the name of your wireless network click on and then put your password and click connect