cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Skype for Business / Mac / Can't see server with new BT Hub 6

Go to solution

Having replaced my BT Hub4.0 (type a) with a new BT Hub 6 I am now having problems with Skype for Business on my Mac.

Installed new Hub 6, couldn't contact server, didn't even make it to the password!

Happens on Mac whether connected wired or wirelessly.

Reconnected Hub 4, works perfectly.

Go to another providers WiFi in both Costa or Neros, again works perfectly.

Exhausted support options on BT helpline, hoping somebody can recommend what has changed in the new hub to stop Skype for business? Anyone else had similar problems? My company uses Skype for busienss and the lack of support on this alledgedly improved hub is causing me real problems. Any ideas appreciated, especially if they don't involve entering all the port forwarding recommendations from Microsoft!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Skype for Business / Mac / Can't see server with new BT Hub 6

Go to solution
Welcome to the BT Residential forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/
0 Ratings
IanfJones
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I too have the same problem and I've not found a solution yet. It appears to a problem that only affects HH6 and Macs, I did contact BT support and needless to say I was told that it was an Apple problem regardlees of the fact Skype works everywhere else.

Has anyone tried port fowarding?

0 Ratings
IanfJones
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just so you all know port forwarding does resolve the issue. Google for the ports used, actually MS has a good article on this. 

0 Ratings