Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robincraven
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Skype problems with BT Infinity

Hi,

I am BT Infinity installed at home and have had a BT engineer round to check the setup as I have had problems with Skype voice calls on my work laptop (a Dell). I have tried wired and wireless, and this has not solved the problem. I also tried my laptop at a busiess office and this worked very well. So the common fault is BT Infinity linked with the Skype setup. Could anyone suggest anything please? And please remember this is a work laptop so I cannot change much on it. I should also add that my company is in Germany but occassionally I work from home in the UK.

Kind regards, Robin

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Skype problems with BT Infinity

I use skype regularly like many other using infinity with no problems have you tried using skype on another device to eliminate your WORK laptop which may have security not allowing skype on it
0 Ratings
robincraven
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Skype problems with BT Infinity

I tried this this evening with my Macbook calling my wife's windows laptop and it worked with no problem. Unfortunately due to company policy I can't call my wife using my company laptop. Hence it would appear that the company setup is causing a problem but only with my BT router, which makes it very difficult to solve. Any thoughts John? KR Robin

0 Ratings