Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OldgrumpyB
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Slow Wi fi for last 2-3 months

Go to solution

Bt Infinity - Home Hub  3.

Superb wi fi speed since new router delivered around 2 years ago until...............2-3 months ago.   Since then download speed anything from 5mbps to 0.19.   Delivery speed to house from the exchange is 18- 19 Mbps even though it was sold by BT as 22-23 Mbps

So called BT several times  - they remotely re-set the home hub and router or told me to do it manually - speed was better for a while but then just gradually drops off and dies altogether on the Dell PC whereas the laptop has faster speed even when the laptop is sat right next to the Dell PC which has virtually nothing.

BT engineer has been round and can find nothing wrong although did admit that BT always boost signal strength around the time of the appointment .  Nothing has changed in the house, position of router upstairs and Dell downstairs is same as it has been for last few years.

? Faulty dongle (which we are  investigating)?  Currently  use TP Link wireless N adaptor, but no better than when we had the Dell dongle thing that came with the PC stuck in the back  - use or is there some thing odd about the router all of a sudden - do these things wear out?  BT have been of little help other than "re-set your router" - but we rarely (if ever) had to in the past.

Faulty BT router for wi-fi or faulty PC?  or its wi-fi dongle?   Any suggestions?  Been going on for weeks and weeks now.

Many Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow Wi fi for last 2-3 months

Go to solution

Hi OldgrumpyB,

Thanks for your post. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take a look at your connection. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
OldgrumpyB
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Olga, I sent my thing in via contact the mods, as requested  - and absolutely nothing - back - what has happened to the speed & connection test  - this has been going of for weeks now and BT donot hing to help.

The speed into the house is not the 21 plus as advertised, the wi-fi is poor compared to 2-3 months ago - we have changed nothing in the house, and I have had to re-se the home hub just now (yet again).

BT is now putting up their Broadband and phone charges above the rate of inflation  and we get this terrible service - I am going to find another phone and broadband supplier - just so so tired of BT   - been a customer for decades and BT is just now too big to care.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi OldgrumpyB,

Thanks for posting back.

I've checked our email queue and we have received your details.  You're very close to the top so it won't be long until you've received word back to help sort things out.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi OldgrumpyB,

Looks like thew new hub sorted the issue. Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings