cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Slow WiFi and BBand performance

Wifi speed/stability has never been a problem but for the past 14 day or so, wifi has deteriorated quite significantly.
Wireless connections include Hive, couple of iPhones and a Chromebook. Wired connections (ethernet) is a desktop and a not so smart TV (upgraded with a Firestick).

The wifi is now crawling along on all devices (especially the Chromebook) and now the TV mores dropping out more frequently when streaming.  Even when we have had guests connected to the wifi with their phone/laptops it was always quick and stable.

I've done all the usual 'fixes' from rebooting/disconnecting/restarting/rewiring/reinstalling/resetting individual device but to no avail... still sluggish! Run out of ideas. Could it be the router? Is it on it's way out? Is someone nicking my bandwidth? or am I just paranoid!

BTW Home network is a BT HH5 is 18 moths old. DL = 45mbps, UL = 11mbps (10% either way).

Ta

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Slow WiFi and BBand performance

Have you turned Smart setup off? (if you have previously turned it off it will have been re-enabled by the factory reset).

Have you split the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz networks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I'll give both a go
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Worked a treat! Wireless stable as is wired connection to Firestick.
It's a shame that BT HH software is that precarious.

0 Ratings