Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssrco02
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Slow WiFi on BT Hub6

Go to solution

We used to have a wifi speed of about 6Mbps but it has recently dropped to just under 2Mbps.  No changes to anything else. One of our laptops is only about 4 feet from the hub so any suggestions to fix it please? 

The PC connected directly gets about 40Mbps.   I have already tried the obvious hub restart and also switching Smart Setup on and off.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slow WiFi on BT Hub6

Go to solution

If Windows laptops are your network drivers up to date as even 6 is a big drop from the wired 40? 

0 Ratings
ssrco02
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Just thinking we had a big Windows 10 update the other day,  I wonder if that has messed things up?

0 Ratings
ssrco02
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Just ran the same wifi speed test from my mobile and that is getting 7Mbps both ways so it certainly seems it could be a Windows problem.

0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Googling "slow wifi speed windows 10" throws up a list of a few things that may help. Good luck
0 Ratings
ssrco02
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Hi, I suspected a problem with the driver for the Realtek wireless LAN adapter after the latest Windows10 update. I didn't like the look of the various offers of driver updates available as they are all trying to sell me something. Finally I disabled and re-enabled the adapter and the speed is now back up to 20+ Mbps. What a pain.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Have you tried seperating the 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ bands? also make sure you're using Wireless Mode 1

0 Ratings
ssrco02
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Yes the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands are on separate channels and Wireless mode is 1. All seems OK since I did the disable/re-enable on the wireless adapter so everything crossed here.
0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
That's much more like it ,well done.
0 Ratings