cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Slow speeds for non-computer devices

I'm getting slow connection speeds with our mobiles, tablet, and gaming consoles (PS4, Switch) on wifi with Full Fibre 300, averaging in the range of 25-35 Mbps, while our laptops are getting upwards of 270 Mbps.  The devices occasionally drop speed down to 10 Mbps or so, but this seems only temporary.  After going through the process to reset my router, my mobile can hit up to 90ish Mbps, but this quickly drops back to the 30 range after a few minutes.  I've tried looking at some older threads to see if there are any easy fixes, and some from 2021 have suggested turning off Smart Setup through the Hub, but the setting doesn't appear to be present in my Hub management page.

Any Thoughts?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow speeds for non-computer devices

smart setup was removed as it just caused problems

try changing the wifi channels from auto to a specific channel using a wifi analyser on your phone to see what channels in use by neighbours then selecting free or less congested channel.  if you have SKYQ avoid channel 36 as used by sky

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow speeds for non-computer devices

How far away are your slow wifi devices? If they are not close enough to the smart hub, they might not be connecting at the faster speeds? Also only some versions of the PS4 have 5ghz wifi, is yours an original one? If so you'll only get 2.4ghz on it, which means its wifi will be slower.

For the other devices, if they are close enough to the router, make sure they are connecting at 5ghz. There should be something in their settings saying which band they are using, or instead it will give a figure of a wifi speed to the router.

0 Ratings