Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Slow upload on wifi, OK on cabled devices

Go to solution

Hi All

I have a HomeHub 5 connected by a cable to my home computer and wirelessly to a number of other devices. The dowload speeds are generally fine on all devices (circa 40MB/s) but the upload speeds are really poor on the wifi-connected devices (often 0.2MB/s or lower) whilst on the cable-connected home computer it seems fine (circa 9MB/s).

I've tried resetting the router -no change. This also happens when there is only one device connected wirelessly (my phone, doing a speedtest) so it isn't a contention issue that I can see.

Any ideas about wifi settings I could change or something?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow upload on wifi, OK on cabled devices

Go to solution

have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks?  have you tried selecting channels manually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow upload on wifi, OK on cabled devices

Go to solution

That seems to have worked - thanks. Seems the 2.4GHz channel works fine but the 5GHz channel has the low upload speeds. Phone must have been connecting to the latter.

0 Ratings