Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fatboyslick
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Slow wifi on certain devices

I have 3 iPhones and an iPad which connect perfectly to the HH4 wireless router.
Howeve, I've just got a new laptop and iPad Air which suffer awful connection problems. They much slower than the other devices and sometimes don't load safari at all....I've done side by side comparison with devices with lesser power and they connect faster.

I had a similar issue last year and BT fixed my issue by forcing me to choose a specific wifi channel on the two signals.

What Do I do now with similar issues but already fixed wifi channels?
I've tried resetting the router but to no avail
Last year I renamed each signal to try and stop the devices connecting between the two but that didn't work

Do I need to re-do my channels and if so to what?
Is there anything else

Thanks
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Slow wifi on certain devices

I would start again.

Do a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

Once it has re-started turn off "Smart set Up" on the Homehub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Give the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids. Just add a 5 to the end of the 5Ghz SSid so you know which is which. Check the 5 GHz Sync with 2.4 GHz: is set to NO.

Once you have done that "forget" the connection on your devices and then restart your devices and log onto both SSids if they support both frequencies. 

See this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

I would also give the 2.4Ghz a fixed channel. I have found that Channel 13 is usually the least congested. The 5Ghz is not as congested so you could leave that on the "smart wireless".

0 Ratings
Fatboyslick
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you I will give it a go in the next 7 days and let you know.

It's very frustrating and, if this is the reason, the intermittency must be down to the iPad and MacBook connecting between the two frequencies.

Nuts how the latest devices are struggling when older ones are fine
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

There are a few posts about Apple devices not liking the two frequencies having the same SSid and also smart set up causing problems that do not open a browser when you first log on. ie phones and tablets. 

0 Ratings