cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Slow wired fibre connection

So bit of a weird one here, my wored ethernet connection from the SH2 to my PC is slow. I'm on fibre 900. On my phone using Fast or Ookla I'm showing download speeds of 350-400Mbps. On the wired connection to the PC I'm showing 20-30 Mbps. NIC on PC is set to 1Gbs, Ports showcasn hub show as being connected as 1.0Gbs. I've tried factory reset, 5min off then on of ONT modem, different cables between ONT and SH and different Cables between SH2 and PC, Cables are all either cat5e or better. ONT to hub is Cat8. Due to the wireless speeds I'm getting. Starting to think hink the hub is gubbed even though its only 3 weeks old. 

Anyone have any ideas please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow wired fibre connection

Make sure smart setup is switched off in the HUB settings. You can also connect your PC directly to the ONT and setup a PPPoE connection on the pc to see and rule out if it's a faulty HUB. For the PPPoE connection the username is:  bthomehub@btbroadband.com and Password is: bt

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Sounds similar to my issues. I've tried a 3rd part router, with similar results, although yours are slightly faster over the Wifi, although i am limited with the SH2 WIFI speeds or about 400.  woeful ethernet speeds. I posted some tests I did here.  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Another-Fibre-900-download-post/m-p/2158870#M326000 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Tried that and it's gives speeds of around 400Mb/s. Weirdly after doing nothing speed went up to 500 the next day and then dropped to 120. Cables changed, ONT reset again, hub factory reset. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Did think of bullying a new router. Have it raised as a fault as upload speeds were less than 9mb, and download less than 450 so will wait to see what happens then. They alsoanaged to leave the fitting job open resulting in the system not knowing I had Broadband on my account. They thought that might he causing the speed issues. They've rectified that now, and paid me £5 a day for that, now all they have to do is sort out the speeds. 

0 Ratings