Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jonabob87
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Slow wireless speed on Bt Homehub 3.

Experiencing really slow wireless network speed, usually 26mbps (seeing it in the homehub manager). Switching wireless channel seems to help in the short term but it typically jumps to around 120mbps, then drops to about 60mbps and then back to 26mbps.

Is this a known issue, is there something I can do about this? All the wireless devices in my home use wireless N as added info.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Slow wireless speed on Bt Homehub 3.

Hi Jonabob87,

This definitely isn't a "known" issue - are you still having the problem with your Homehub? How long has it been going on for?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jonabob87
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I noticed the issue the other day, Friday or Saturday I think, while trying to stream a film through my Xbox 360 from my PC. It kept buffering, so I checked the homehub manager and found my wi-fi network speed was 26mbps.
0 Ratings
Jonabob87
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Can I bump this at all? The issue is persisting...

Tried turning off wireless and switching it back on. Went up to 144mbps, then I hit refresh and it dropped to 11mbps.

Should I just get in touch with actual tech support?

0 Ratings