cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarrodrhart
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Smart Home Hub 6 -keeps cycling to flashing purple

We got the Hh6 on Thursday and it was fine till Saturday around 10, it then went into repeated cycles of flashing purple, orange, green and sometimes eventually even the short-lived (and treasured) blue.

It abruptly stopped this and was stable from around 530pm so I thought maybe it was BT coming in and doing something, but now again today it is either flashing purple or orange...

As an experiment, I popped the HH5 back and hey presto, solid blue beauty.

I read that poor line quality can cause this, but I am fibre-to-the-home - any ideas and advice?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
jarrodrhart
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Home Hub 6 -keeps cycling to flashing purple

Sorry to post twice, doing this on my phone and the submit page sid not show it had worked!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

just stick with your hub5 the hub 6 has many problems
0 Ratings
Highlighted
nduli
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I think your HH6 is likely dead. I have had multiple issues (will be on my 8th hub when a new one arrives this week). use the chat feature under broadband help to speak to the tech help who will be able to order you a new one when they determine its dead. I assume if you swop in a HH5 you are stable blue after about 5mins?
0 Ratings
jarrodrhart
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks nduli. Yes, HH5 stable blue after 5 mins... only got the 6 due do its advertised greater range. Not sure I have the stomach to keep trying new ones until and unless my chances of success improve (your 8th!!!) Thanks for advice on using chat.
0 Ratings
MrBoy
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

@jarrodrhart wrote:
Thanks nduli. Yes, HH5 stable blue after 5 mins... only got the 6 due do its advertised greater range. Not sure I have the stomach to keep trying new ones until and unless my chances of success improve (your 8th!!!) Thanks for advice on using chat.

THis is exactly my experience... it hangs on green then flashes purple. As I think it's completely dead it will maliciously go blue and start working just long enough to make me think it's OK before going wrong again.

When it's green/purple I can't access the control page or anything. I assume this IS the class green light of death type behaviour?

0 Ratings