cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: Smart Hub 2 - 2.4GHz Radio Off, but Hub thinks it is on!

I would take of smart and select channel manually

did you try factory reset?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

I will try fixing the 2.4GHz channel.

Since 2nd July, the Hub has been factory reset twice and power cycled twice.

If this problem continues, I'll revert to my trusty OpenReach modem and Netgear Nighthawk router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 20.48.08.pngThis should  show  Smart (Channel 1or another number) as your 5GHz does.

Try changing the channel in change settings

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Thanks to everyone who replied to my original post.

I've used BT HH3, HH5 and now BT's Smart Hub 2 over the years, and they all have issues; sadly.

• HH3 lacked WiFi range and the ability to handle a lot of connections.
  • HH5 had a flaky firmware for over a year, a weak modem, dodgy WiFi and the ability to handle a lot of connections.
  • Smart Hub 2 addressed the WiFi range, the weak modem and the connection issues of its predecessors, but the intermittent switching off of the 2.4Ghz band and the inability to split SSIDs is a big disappointment.

I'm not going to bother complaining to get the Smart Hub 2 swapped out, because I know that the issues are likely to be systemic.

I'm reverting to my trusty OpenReach modem and my Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 AC 3200‎ Router. No drops in traffic, no drops in signal, and excellent WiFi coverage.

The Smart Hub 2 can act as a doorstop.

0 Ratings