cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub 2 - 2.4ghz issues

Hi. Has anyone been having an issue with their Smart Hub 2 and it's 2.4ghz band? We have been having connection issues with our WiFi for a number of months. There are no issues with our 5ghz band and it's download and upload speeds. But our 2.4ghz band is absolutely awful. The speeds we get are often less than 10mb, the signal drops out often and even when in the same room as the Smart Hub, we don't get speeds anywhere near what we are paying for. The 2.4ghz band is practically unusable. We have been trying to resolve this issue for months with customer services and are not getting any advice from them other than 'move the hub' or them telling us 'it's environmental factors that are impacting on the signal'. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub 2 - 2.4ghz issues

Have you turned off smart setup?

Have you selected the wireless channel manually instead of leaving on auto?  I would use a WiFi analyser on phone to find best channel

Have you tried changing the mode from 1 to 2 or 3?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried different combinations of channels and modes, and the best I can get is 19mb, and that doesn't last for long. I have been told by BT not to expect anything more than that. Does that match with anyone else's experience? It just seems such a slow speed considering we have full fibre 150mb. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

try running

https://fast.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

That's what I've been using to check our speeds. Best so far is 19mb. Very disappointing.  

0 Ratings