cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub 2 Firmware Updates

Go to solution

I've acquired a Smart Hub 2 (FTTP type) although I am using it via the VDSL connection as a replacement for an older Hub. All basically works as expected, however the firmware has not updated although it appears to have tried when first powered up. I'm wanting to use the USB port as a mapped drive which I have done successfully on other hubs but I believe the original firmware  for the Smart Hub has a glitch... hence  the need to update ASAP.

Is there any known reason for the update to fail and is there anything that can be done to get it to attempt again?

There is an error code of 9800 in the log (can be seen in the pictures)

Also, and this may be nothing and all Hubs show this, but there is a 'corrupt file' entry as the first log entry. The timestamps beginning 00:00 suggest a default entry.  

Stats.jpgFirmware Error 1.jpg

Error.jpgFirmware Error 2.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub 2 Firmware Updates

Go to solution

Did you try a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until light flash.

When hub boots remember to turn of smart setup.

You cannot force a firmware update you just need to connect to internet and leave 24/7 - update is automatic

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

That was quick, thanks for replying 🙂

I haven't tried a reset as yet as I didn't want to invoke any line management problems but I did turn off Smart Setup and also the 5G band pretty much as soon as it was all booted up. I wonder if me playing around could have been at the same time it tried to update and that maybe caused an issue.  

I will definitely try what you suggest if nothing alters between now and morning time. Dare not reboot just at this moment... you know what its like. I think this is the first time I've had a Hub not update thinking back.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Well...

It looks like it updated OK at 4AM precisely this morning. Hopefully that will allow me to set up my mapped drive now. I'm also hoping this Hub will not suffer the weird random reboots that the HH6 suffers from.  

Many thanks.

Updated.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

USB drive has set up as a Mapped Location straight away with the updated firmware. Excellent.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

And a further update to a later version seems to have occurred although the date still remains at the 11th (unless it did it before midnight GMT) 

Screenshot 2021-06-12 105434.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

that is most up to date firmware version

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

That's good to know, thanks. 

Next is to wait and see if the random reboots have stopped. I know a lot complained of that on the HH6 and AFAIK there was never any definitive reason why.

0 Ratings