cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub 2 Query before i take the plunge and upgrade

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I have a general question and looking for feedback from the community.

Currently we use a HH 5 and this doesnt have any issues, either hard wired or wifi connections to the miriad of devices.

I currenty hardwire my Xbox Series X to it, and upstairs, our daugther has inherited my One X. Wired through one of those wifi extenders, i think you know where this is going...

I have read that there are some issues with both wifi and wired connections to xbox devices and reading this, has put me off in the last few months regarding upgrading my BB package, now my contract is up and looking at signing a new deal.

Very long story short, can i get any general feedback from the community as i feel this would be more beneficial to me, than reading the odd random forum or reddit post.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub 2 Query before i take the plunge and upgrade

Go to solution

if your HH5 is working well and giving you no problems then stick with it  - if not broke don't fix it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

There's no need to change your hub if you change package.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciated.

On the back of that, i was looking at increasing to the Fibre with Halo 2, as it is almost double my current d/l speed and no price increase on what i pay now.

Is that kind of speed still obtainable using my current equipment? I just assumed it would need to be replaced by the smart hub 2, if not happy days!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

the Halo 1 or 2 package is just an add-on and does nothing to increase your connection speed

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

if you enter your phone number and post results this will show the speed range your line can handle then you can decide

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks once again!

Now to go and do some homework 🙂

0 Ratings