cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 143

Re: Smart Hub 2 Wi Fi devices are dropping connection and reconnecting

Also having the same issues, for last three days, with both wired and wireless, constant dropouts, netflix keeps refreshing my nest doorbell notifies me it's down every 10mins and browser constant DNS probe errors.

SH2 firmware is on Firmware version: v0.33.00.12274-BT

The troubleshooting page runs through it's test and reports back as everything is fine!

Writing this post I am receiving a warning "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested" every 2 mins.

my logs are showing;

10:24:07, 17 Apr.
DHCP device Disconnected: 192.168.1.122, b4:e6:2a:53:9a:cc, LGwebOSTV
10:23:18, 17 Apr.
WHW INFO A station STA(B4:E6:2A:53:9A:CC) leave WHW infrastructure

10:23:11, 17 Apr.5G Client associate from b4:e6:2a:53:9a:cc (IP=192.168.1.122) RSSI=-52, Rate=702Mbps, host LGwebOSTV

Rebooting router 5 times a day, will try and log a ticket if I can find the way, 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 52 of 143

I will share my experience and what we did about it.

Was sent a Smart Hub 2 when we joined BT 30+ months ago. Wifi connections dropping left right and centre, so they sent a Smart Hub (1?) which worked a treat.

Then we were told that our phone line was going IP so we needed a Smart Hub 2 again. It appeared about 3 weeks ago. 

Massive issues again with the Smart Hub 2, poor connection, dropping out, just as painful as before.

Rang technical support, they could see nothing wrong.

2 weeks of the family complaining about how the WIFI has become useless in the last fortnight, I thought I would try swapping out the router with a non BT Edimax wireless router. So far, all the problems have vanished. I gave the router the same wireless SSID as the BT router and so far so good.

What is wrong with the Smart Hub 2's, we've had two of them and they are nothing but trouble?!!!

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 143

The SmartHub 2 Wi-Fi is incredibly unreliable and a complete waste of space.

I overcame the problem by switching the SH2 Wi-Fi off and connecting a previously surplus to requirements dual band Wi-Fi repeater to the hub by ethernet and configuring it in Access Point mode 

Message 54 of 143

Re: Smart Hub 2 Wi Fi devices are dropping connection and reconnecting I

I would agree with this assessment. Wireless reliability and performance of the SH2 are very sub par in my experience. I too use a repurposed router as a wireless point to make up for the SH’s shortcomings.

Message 55 of 143

Re: Smart Hub 2 Wi Fi devices are dropping connection and reconnecting I

As this problem seems to have occurred after a firmware update some months ago it is well within BT's remit to fix the issue, with all the comments on this forum we should be calling out BT to supply the equipment we have all paid for not having to shell out for more kit. 

Come on BT face up to your responsibility!!

Message 56 of 143

Then we were told that our phone line was going IP so we needed a Smart Hub 2 again. It appeared about 3 weeks ago. 

Massive issues again with the Smart Hub 2, poor connection, dropping out, just as painful as before....

2 weeks of the family complaining about how the WIFI has become useless in the last fortnight, I thought I would try swapping out the router with a non BT Edimax wireless router.

Do you not lose your VOIP phone?  The issue with Digital Voice is that you are tied to the Smart Hub2... or get a new VOIP phone system, and new router.

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 143

Do you not lose your VOIP phone? The issue with Digital Voice is that you are tied to the Smart Hub2... or get a new VOIP phone system, and new router.

Not sure as we haven't even been transitioned to VOIP yet. The Smart Hub 2 is connected to our network with DHCP disabled. It's is effectively being used as a wireless access point with a secondary SSID. Once I get the notification that we're going into VOIP then we will see if the Smart Hub 2 being connected to out LAN is enough for VOIP to work, otherwise it's difficult to see any alternative but to move to another supplier which we don't really want to do. The FTTP connection has been outstanding but the internals with the Smart Hub 2 have been anything but.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 143

@YorkieBarwrote:

Do you not lose your VOIP phone? The issue with Digital Voice is that you are tied to the Smart Hub2... or get a new VOIP phone system, and new router.

Not sure as we haven't even been transitioned to VOIP yet. The Smart Hub 2 is connected to our network with DHCP disabled. It's is effectively being used as a wireless access point with a secondary SSID. Once I get the notification that we're going into VOIP then we will see if the Smart Hub 2 being connected to out LAN is enough for VOIP to work, otherwise it's difficult to see any alternative but to move to another supplier which we don't really want to do. The FTTP connection has been outstanding but the internals with the Smart Hub 2 have been anything but.

No.

The Smart Hub 2 has in integral DECT base station which is used for telephony and is separate to the Wi-Fi.

Hence you can turn the SH2 Wi-Fi off and the Digital Voice service will continue to work

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 143

Once I get the notification that we're going into VOIP then we will see if the Smart Hub 2 being connected to out LAN is enough for VOIP to work.

No, the Smart Hub 2 has to be directly connected to the WAN side of the network to enable BT Digital Voice to work.

@YorkieBar  Other providers are also moving to VOIP using their own hardware, so unless you can port out your number to a third party VOIP provider, you are stuck with using the ISP equipment.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 143

@YorkieBar   I believe DV roll out has been suspended. resist it as it has no benefits.

I have DV and my DECT old phone system plugs in directly to the SH2 - so no other router has that facility so I am now tied to the SH2 unless I buy a VOIP phone system

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings