cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 143

Re: Smart Hub 2 Wi Fi devices are dropping connection and reconnecting

That's exactly my point.  SH1 had it, SH2 does not - that is literally my point 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 143

I use a mesh system connected to my SH2. I am on the 33 version firmware with no change in performance. 

I have checked and smart set up is off on the SH2. 

When I did use the SH2 (on the 31 firmware) with no mesh system attached I did have problems. I solved these by disabling smart set up, only using 2.4 g wireless and selecting Wi-Fi mode 2. 

Given smart set up is disabled the other two options might be worth trying. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 73 of 143

@cmccwrote:

That's exactly my point.  SH1 had it, SH2 does not - that is literally my point 🙄

Hi @cmcc   Apologies,  you said "comes back to the firmware". As it has never been in the SH2 firmware, how can it come back? 

Message 74 of 143

I use a mesh system connected to my SH2. I am on the 33 version firmware with no change in performance.

@stevebrass  Which mesh system are you using? I'm considering using a totally separate solution for the WiFi like a mesh system connected by ethernet to the Smart Hub 2, then disabling the SH2 WiFi functionality. We have a  lot of smart devices and need reliable WiFi.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 143

I use Netgear Orbi. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 76 of 143

Have just checked my sh2 and setup is shown as "Off".

If the problem lies in coding loop of 5ghz channel causing the dropouts then it must be a reasonable easy fix for a firmware upgrade (see other posts this subject) Why do we all have to go to BT's Mesh system or purchase more hardware to fix a problem created by BT themselves on equipment We are all paying good money for already?

Get your backside back to the office and fix this BT.

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 143

I concur:

SH2, smart setup off, Mode 2, 2.4GHz off v31 and the droppouts reduced significantly.

v33 just updated. Same as v31, although I am seeing a few signs of slow down of speed.  

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 78 of 143

I’m suffering the same problem,currently on mode 1,what’s the difference if I switch to mode 2 overall.

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 143

Mode 2 appears in practice not to have a detrimental effect. BT support couldn’t explain difference.   I believe the switching off of 2.4Ghz was the real answer to the wifi dropping. 

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 80 of 143

Unfortunately I have Sky Q which connects to the main box via 2.4 ghz so cannot turn it off.Oh we’ll.

0 Ratings