Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddy4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Smart Hub 2 Wifi Problems

Go to solution

Had Fibre Broadband installed today. Wired connection has no issues but the Wifi signals keeps dropping on all the wireless devices (2 android phones, 1 iPad, 1 windows laptop). And when it connects intermittently to any wifi devices the speeds are very slow, wont even load webpages. 

Tried disabling and enabling different channels and modes on smart hub page with no luck. Even tried turning off 2.5 and 5ghz options alternatively. Never had any issues with wifi signals in my house with the previous providers. Also disabled smart setup. Any help appreciated.  I might have got a faulty hub ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Andy005
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Smart Hub 2 Wifi Problems

Go to solution

Hi @Eddy4 

Have you tried a factory reset? It's worth trying if only because BT will ask you to do it when you request a replacement.

I received a faulty SH2 just over a month ago. After 5 minutes it kicked off anything connected to 5Ghz and wouldn't let any of them reconnect because it said the network key was incorrect.

I would ask for a replacement, it's never a good sign when something doesn't work properly out of the box.

0 Ratings
Eddy4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Yes I did the factory reset with not much luck. Can we use a 3rd party router with an FTTP connection?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@Eddy4 wrote:

Yes I did the factory reset with not much luck. Can we use a 3rd party router with an FTTP connection?

Yes, you just need a wireless router, there a plenty available.

0 Ratings
Eddy4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks. Any recommendations ? Ones to avoid and ones that have good reviews please.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@Eddy4 wrote:

Thanks. Any recommendations ? Ones to avoid and ones that have good reviews please.

You could start with TP Link, they are very popular. It depends on how much you want to pay.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/wifi-router/

The Archer C7  https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c7/

Is a good compromise and costs about £70.

There is a software emulator here https://emulator.tp-link.com/ArcherC7_3.0/Index.htm

If IPv6 is vital, then support can be variable with many routers.

0 Ratings
Eddy4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks. I dont want to spend too much money. I will have a look at TP Link. Appreciate your advice.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Just wondering, have you tried to turn off "Smart Setup" in the hub settings? There were some people who had wifi issues and turning off Smart Setup helped them.

0 Ratings
Eddy4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

It was faulty hub. BT has replaced the hub and all working fine now. Thanks and appreciate all the advice and help. 

lancedal
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
you're not the only one !! I had my router swapped but still dropping. Might try a thrid but it was a devil of a job to connect Chromecast on the tv in the first place Now have two bands , but it's getting to be almost all the time now, I get a minute online then it drops
0 Ratings