Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmseegee
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Smart Hub 2 & Philips Hue Bridge issue

Go to solution

Hi All,

I have been digging forums including this one and still looking for definite answers so apologies if this appears to be a post thats already covered elsewhere. 

Previously I had a talk talk router which worked fine with my Hue bridge but since changing to the Smart Hub 2 my Hue Bridge wont connect to the internet. Im unsure if this stopped working exactly when the router was changed or shortly after as I was away working for a couple of weeks after then noticed the failure on my return. 

I have seen suggestions of port forwarding but dont have a clue where to start. any suggestions or shared experience of similar issues would be appreciated. 

The bridge is connected to a 6 port ethernet hub that is then connected to a TP Link which eventually connects to the router via another local TP link. (This is how it was with my previous router with no issues, i have also tried directly connecting the Hue bridge to the router, all other devices on the Ethernet hub/TP Link are operating perfectly and I have also eliminated the possibility of a faulty ethernet cable)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart Hub 2 & Philips Hue Bridge issue

Go to solution

Did you turn off smart setup on the SH2
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

Did you change the IP address of the Hue bridge to match the subnet that the SH2 uses (192.168.1.1-63)which might be different to that of the Talk talk router.

0 Ratings
emmseegee
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart Hub 2 & Philips Hue Bridge issue

Go to solution

Cheers for the response, its now working after quite a few changes.

turned off the Smart Set Up as you suggested

* re-enabled the DHCP setting in the HUE app

* re-enabled the ‘Out of home control’ setting on the HUE app

After all these I couldn't connect to the HUE bridge atall even over wifi (although i could at the start) then it started working perfectly again after I ‘forgot the network’ on my iphone and re-joined it again. 

Temperamental thing! Hopefully thats it sorted, thanks for the assistance.