cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buckdenjoe
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub 2 and Samsung TV

I have just started using a Smart Hub2.  After 5 days I have managed to connect all PCs, Macs, tablets, phones, Alexa and Sonos to the router.  Last night I tried to connect my Samsung Smart TV.  This has found the router but will not connect to the internet.  I did this fine with Smart Hub1 which had separate 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. Is the explanation anything to do with not being able to create separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.   Suggestions please.  Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub 2 and Samsung TV

You said on this post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Sonos-and-Smart-Hub2-connection-issues/m-p/1921...

"I have now set it up and managed to connect all my devices including a Smart TV"

If not, then the common suggestion is to turn off 5GHz on the smart hub, then connect the TV to 2.4GHz, then turn 5GHz back on again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Possibly of no consolation, but had no trouble connecting my smart Samsung TV with a Smart Hub2 both with Ethernet and wifi. Didn't have to turn off 5Ghz on SH2 in order to connect.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

like @licquorice I have a samsung smart tv and SH2 and have no problem connecting with ethernet or wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings